Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma Updates Related to Coronavirus
Tribal services updates to operations
DURANT, Okla. (March 17, 2020) As a public health precaution to help prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma has decided to make the following closings and postponements. Given how quickly this situation is evolving, the Choctaw Nation will continue to provide updates on the intranet and via email. The health and safety of our associates is our biggest concern.
Choctaw Nation Early Headstarts and Daycares. Will remain open and follow Department of Health Services guidance.
The following are detailed closings, postponements and cancellations:
- Wellness Centers. All Wellness Centers, including the fitness center located within the Diabetes Wellness Clinic will close at 5 p.m. on March 17. All events are postponed through April 3.
- CNO Headstarts. Choctaw Nation will follow Oklahoma State Department of Education closures, which have closed Oklahoma public schools until April 6.
- Community Centers. Community centers will be closed for all public gatherings, but open to individuals that need services. Senior Nutrition will be curbside pick-up effective March 18.
- Tribal Events. All tribal public events are canceled or postponed through April 3.
- Talihina Youth Center. The center will be temporarily closed until further notice.
- Roots Cafe. Roots, the Choctaw Nation restaurant located inside the headquarters building, is now closed to the public.
The Choctaw Nation wants to reiterate, it has no reports of COVID-19 cases connected to any associates at this time.
Further updates with additional details will be provided as needed. Please check the Choctaw Nation website at www.choctawnation.com or the social media outlets.