What is the Lunge challenge?
o The Lunge Challenge is designed to improve all aspects of the lunge as well as to carry over into other movements or daily activities. Whether your gardening, about to field a baseball, or squatting for your next big personal record, lunging will aide in your goals to improve your locomotion for whatever activity you are performing. What the lunge accomplishes as a unilateral, single leg movement is to improve the stability of the knee, builds the glute muscles, as well as gain new strength in your single or double leg movements. You will perform a set of 30 lunges each day of the month of June (6/3-6/28). You can perform a lunge set for distance, stationary, or with assistance if needed. Depending on the performance of your lunge, you and your coach will discuss and come up with a prescription to improve your lunging mechanics. Weight can be added depending on the level of the athlete. Remember to listen to your coach and remain consistent with what you are given. You will improve if you stay consistent.
The Lunge Challenge includes:
• Lunges per week (rules are located above)
Goals for the challenge:
• Improve the efficiency of the Lunge.
• Improve the stability of the knee.
• Improve overall strength and stamina of the lunge.
• To point out the points of performance of the lunge.
• Build those glutes up.
Dates to remember:
• June 3rd – June 28th (Lunge Challenge)
Things to know:
• Get with Wellness Center Staff by Monday, June 3rd to receive a card and start your lunges.
• After you have received a Lunge challenge card (keep up with your card). Wellness Staff will sign each day that you complete your session of lunges. (At your convenience, dates have been assigned for each day on your card).
• You will be responsible if you cannot attend the gym that day, to video your lunges for that day and either post it to the Choctaw Wellness or Choctaw CrossFit Facebook pages or show to a coach to be verified and signed off.
• If you complete 100% (20/20) you will receive 15 Well Bucks! If you complete (16/20) you will receive 8 Well Bucks! So, if you want those Well Bucks, be consistent!